Are you a caring person looking to make a difference?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking compassionate Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Chesterfield and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will work full time hours providing consistent high-quality care and support to our service users with various daily living activities. These vary but include personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services needed.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Flexi Pay feature!
Newcross Healthcare gives you the chance to access a unique 'same day pay' service and withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shifts within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
You will find our Sheffield Branch at St James House, in Vicar Lane, very close to the city centre. This branch is in a prime location and provides the South Yorkshire and Pennines regions with healthcare professionals.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
Train and develop with us!
Joining Newcross enables you to broaden your skill set with a comprehensive range of free training programs earned through credits earned as you work. Topics vary but include Safeguarding Adults, Basic Life Support, Dementia Care, End of Life Care, Medication Administration and many more.
Staff could also have opportunities to study towards a variety of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ).
- Salary of up to £12.03/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay
- Full time hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 30,000 discounts within high street retailers nationwide
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in contact!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.