Providing excellent care will change someones life!
Newcross Healthcare is searching for dedicated Care Assistants to join us in delivering outstanding care and support to our service users across Chichester, Portsmouth, Gosport, Petworth, Midhurst, Liss and the local surrounding areas.
What to expect in the role
As a Newcross Care Assistant, your role will involve assisting our service-users with day-to-day tasks, promoting independent living through personal care, and aiding with any clinical requirements. You will promote an independent, dignified and happy life in line with the patients care plan whilst also assisting with social activities to provide physical and mental stimulation.
Would you like to be in control of when you get paid? With the new Flexi Pay feature of our app you're able to digitally sign your timesheets and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day (includes weekends and bank holidays). With Flexi-Pay, there is no need to wait for payday to come around!
Your Local Team
Our Chichester branch is located at 62-63 South Street, just a short distance from both Chichester Cathedral and Chichester train station.
- Salary of up to £14.12/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Flexi Pay - Same day pay for up to 50% of the value of your shift
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- Recommend a Friend scheme - earning up to £500 per successful referral
- Flexible hours - Flexible hours across various weekday, weekend and night shifts throughout the week
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Newcross offers its staff over 200 training courses to ensure you will have every opportunity to upskill yourself and evolve in your new role. By earning training credits with the hours you work, you will them be able to use them for a variety of courses including Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
We also provide the option to study an apprenticeship, our apprentices gain NVQs and SVQs in areas which relate to their particular department, with the support of their team and our apprenticeships provider they gain a lifelong qualification.
We are now able to give our candidates the option to do their interview from the comfort of their own home via a video interview. Our applicants have found the video interview process to be more relaxing and enjoyable!
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross Healthcare course
- You will need access to a smartphone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your timesheets and rotas via our mobile app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
What do you need to do?Click apply to submit your application and one of our friendly recruitment team will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
Is this the opportunity you've been waiting for? Apply now!
If you encounter any issues when applying online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.