The Crawley team is located on 1 Magellan Terrace on Gatwick road, not far from Gatwick Airport.
Do you value care and compassion?
Then Newcross Healthcare is the place for you! We are hiring motivated Care Assistants to join us in providing outstanding care and support to our service users across Crawley, Haywards Heath, East Grinstead, Haywards and the local surrounds.
What will I be doing?
- Dressing, washing, toileting, and enabling service users to live their daily lives as they choose.
- Enabling our service users to live their lives with independence, choice, and trust.
- Listening and talking and encouraging social integration with family and social integration.
Successful candidates will also have opportunities to enhance their current skill set with various free training programmes, earned through credits as you work.
We provide hundreds of office-based and clinical courses to enhance your career such as Epilepsy Awareness, Safeguarding Adults, End of Life Care and many more!
The Newcross Perks
Flexi Pay is a unique same day pay service on the HealthForceGo app that allows you to choose when you get paid. Get up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day you work it, including weekends and bank holidays!
Perks at work is our employee discount scheme that gives you up to 30,000 employee discounts at around 80 retailers UK wide.
- Salary of up to £12.93/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to suit your commitments
- Ongoing Training Programmes - free with credits earnt whilst working
- Flexi Pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a field team leader
Interview via video call! Talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview!
What you will need to succeed
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Start your application today and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
If you encounter any difficulties when applying online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.