We want carers like you to join us and make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated and compassionate Care Assistants to care our service users living in Denbigh, Rhyl, Prestatyn, St Asaph and the surrounding areas.
Flexi Pay allows you to submit your timesheets before 5pm and withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shifts within the same day including weekends and bank holidays.
About the role
Care Assistants work hard to provide outstanding care to our service users with a variety of needs and requirements. You will assist with personal care, daily living activities, clinical needs, social integration activities and any additional services needed.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Train with us!
Training opportunities are available for successful candidates to broaden their existing skill set with a range of courses through credits earned as you work. These topics will include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, PEG, Safeguarding Adults and many more.
Why join us?
- Salary of up to £12.47/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexi Pay - 50% of the value of your shift in the same day
- Perks at Work - discounts in high street retailers nationwide
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
- Flexible hours to suit your needs
- 30,000 discounts as part of our 'Perks at Work' scheme
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Colwyn Bay team
Newcross Healthcare's first branch in North Wales is based in Colwyn Bay and located on Station Road, opposite the town's train station.