Are you a carer looking for a new challenge?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced and dedicated Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Derby, Bakewell, Swadlingcote, Burton-Upon-Trent, Matlock, Alfreton and the surrounding areas of Derbyshire.
Access to a vehicle is highly desirable for this role
In this multifaceted role as Care Assistant you will engage in variety of tasks including personal hygeine, taking blood pressure and temperature, helping to eat, mobility and any other additional tasks required. You will encourage the integration of service users into the wider community and respect their independence, dignity and choice.
- Flexible working hours to suit your ongoing commitments
- Salary of up to £12.47/hr including holiday pay
- Flexi Pay
- Perks at work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses.
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Why work with our Newcross team?
- Flexible hours where you can choose between part-time or full-time hours and the freedom to work morning, afternoon or night shifts.
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts across high street retailers nationwide
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
Our 'same day pay' service allows our healthcare staff to access up to 50% of value of their shifts within the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Perks at Work
Enjoy 30,000 discounts at over 80 different retailers around the UK.
Successful candidates will have the chance to develop their skill set and enhance their career with a varied range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics covered include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, Medication Administration and many more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Access to your own vehicle is highly desirable
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
Your local branch is located in the city of Nottingham, home to the legend of Robin Hood. We are based at 2 King Street which is just a short walk from Nottingham train station.
Submit an application and a member of our team will be in touch!
If you are unable to apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will assist you.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.