Care Assistant / Support Worker
We are looking for carers that want to make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking compassionate Care Assistants & Support Workers to care for our service users living in Dereham, Swaffham, Fakeham, Swanton Morley, Scarning, Hockering, Mattishall and Watton.
A Newcross Care Assistant is responsible for ensuring that service users receive high quality care and support at all times. You will provide assistance with personal care tasks, clinical requirements, social integration activities and any additional services needed.
A Newcross Support Worker ensures that service users receive person-centred care at all times in line with their needs. You will assist them with personal care activities, clinical needs, social integration activities and any additional tasks required.
This exclusive app feature enables our healthcare staff to withdraw up to 50% of the value of their shift within the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Flexible hours covering a variety of different shifts
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
- Perks at Work with 30,000 discounts available in retailers nationwide
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
- Salary of up to £12.25/hr including holiday pay for HCA shifts & up to £13.48/hr including holiday pay for SW shifts
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Skills & Training opportunities
Successful candidates will have the chance to develop their existing skill set with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work and covering a host of topics. These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, PEG, End of Life care, Medication Administration and many more.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in anyway.