We want people like you to join our Newcross team!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Doncaster and the surrounding areas.
What will I do?
As a Care Assistant, you will work full time hours providing life-enhancing care and support to our service users with various daily living activities. Your assistance will be needed with personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services needed.
What is Flexi Pay?
Flexi Pay is our exclusive feature on the HealthForceGo® app! It enables you to receive an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shifts within the same day even on holidays and bank holidays.
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £12.03/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay
- Full time hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Discounts within high street retailers nationwide
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Why choose Newcross?
Working with us allows you to develop your existing skill set with a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. We cover topics such as Medication Administration, End of Life Care, Epilepsy, Basic Life Support, Safeguarding Adults, BSL or Makaton and many more.
The local team
You will find our Sheffield Branch at St James House, in Vicar Lane, very close to the city centre. This branch is in a prime location and provides the South Yorkshire and Pennines regions with healthcare professionals.
What will I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Submit your application and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.