You could make a positive difference to someone's life!
Newcross Healthcare are seeking hard-working Care Assistants to give assistance in providing outstanding care and support to our service users within Edinburgh, Kirkliston, Musselburgh, Longniddry, Garvald, Bruntsfield, Leith, Stockbridge, Costorphine, Liberton and the surrounding local areas.
Meet The Branch - Our local Edinburgh team can be found in New Mart Place, close to Slateford train station.
About The Role
Through your promotion of independence, you will encourage and support clients in their day-to-day lives, enabling them to live more fulfilling lives. This could include a range of tasks and activities such as personal care, domestic tasks and general activities that allow service users to live their life in the way they choose. It is essential that you are able to work in a kind, compassionate and professional manner, putting the service user at the centre of all you do.
You will have a permanent contract with guaranteed hours and the option to work full or part time hours. This will provide you with the security of a steady income alongside the flexibility to manage your work-life schedule.
You Will Receive:
- Salary of up to £12.37 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
Learn And Develop with Newcross
Take advantage of a comprehensive range of free training programs, earned through credits as you work. These programs will enable you to develop your skill set and will include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration and many more.
Would you like to be in control of when you get paid? With the new Flexi Pay feature of our app you're able to digitally sign your timesheets and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day (includes weekends and bank holidays).
- The right to live and work in the UK
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a similar care role
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets via our app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Take The Next Steps
To begin your career with Newcross today, simply click 'Apply' to submit your online application. A member of our dedicated in-house recruitment team will call you to discuss the role further. We look forward to speaking to you!
Become A Part Of The Newcross Team Today!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.