A true passion for delivering person-centred care
Newcross Healthcare are searching for dedicated Care Assistants to join us in delivering expert care and support to our service users across Haddington, Tranent, Musselburgh, Gullane, North Berwick, Longniddry, Garvald and the surrounding local areas.
We pride ourselves on being flexible with our valued team.
We offer all of our staff a permanent contract with guaranteed hours, plus you still get all the added benefits of flexible shift work to fit around you and your commitments.
This role will also give you great opportunities to expand your skill set with a range of free training programmes, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work.
Some of these include programmes such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
As a Care Assistant, your daily tasks could include; dressing, washing, toileting and enabling our service users to live their daily lives as they choose.
You will be playing an important role in enabling our service users to live fulfilling lives, engaging in their favourite activities and interacting with their families, visitors and other residents.
Meet the Team
Our Edinburgh branch are based in New Mart Place, close to Slateford railway station and also Stenhouse Mansion.
- Salary of up to £12.37 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Video calling so you can attend your interview without leaving your house
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
You will also be able to access our new FlexiPay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid.
Just submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a similar care role
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare)
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- You will need access to a Smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Apply now to find out more!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.