Newcross Healthcare has a great opportunity for you!
Newcross Healthcare is recruiting for experienced Care Assistants to deliver outstanding care and support to our service users living in Horsham, Billingshurst and the surrounding locations.
Our Crawley team works tirelessly to provide the region with the highest quality of healthcare professionals to assist those in need of expert care and support.
The branch is located at 1 Magellan Terrace on Gatwick Road, and is just a short distance from Gatwick Airport.
Your New Position
As a Care Assistant, your daily tasks could include; dressing, washing, toileting and enabling our service users to live their daily lives as they choose.
You will be playing an important role in enabling our service users to live fulfilling lives, engaging in their favourite activities and interacting with their families, visitors and other residents.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Why apply with Newcross?
We offer all our healthcare staff a permanent contract with guaranteed hours, plus you still get all the added benefits of flexible shift work to fit around you and other commitments.
Successful candidates will have the chance to improve their skills with a range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work.
Some of these courses include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
You will need to have:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care role or environment
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a Smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our app HealthForceGo
What you will receive:
- Salary of up to £12.93/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work with access to around 30,000 discounts at high street shops
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
You will also benefit from our new flexible pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Just submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Apply and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.