The Crawley branch is located at 1 Magellan Terrace on Gatwick Road, and is just a short distance from Gatwick Airport.
Do you want to work for one of Britain's leading providers of care?
Newcross Healthcare is recruiting for experienced Care Assistants to deliver outstanding care and support to our service users living in Horsham, Billingshurst and the surrounding locations.
Our Crawley team works tirelessly to provide the region with the highest quality of healthcare professionals to assist those in need of expert care and support.
In a healthcare assistant role, you're likely to carry out a number of person-centred care duties which might include:
- Personal Care such as washing, feeding, dressing, and mobility.
- Recording patients conditions by taking temperaures, pulse, respirations, and weight.
- Assisting with clinical duties
- Providing physical and mental stimulation
Why apply with Newcross?
- Free training programmes taken with credits earned as you work, inluding Basic Life Support, BSL or Maskaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
- Flexible working hours with the choice of shifts on weekends, weekdays, and weeknights, and the choice between part and full time hours.
- Enjoy Perks at Work, where you can get 30,000 discounts from 80 different UK retailers.
Every employee is offered guranteed hours with a permanent contract as well as the benefits of flexible shift patterns!
You will also benefit from Flexi Pay, a unique feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Just submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
- Salary of up to £12.93/hr including holiday pay
- Flexi Pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Specialised free training programmes - with training credits earned whilst on shift.
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work with access to around 30,000 discounts at high street shops
- Flexible working hours
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
You will need to have:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care role or environment
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a Smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our app HealthForceGo
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Apply and tell us why you're the perfect applicant for the job!
We give you the option to do the interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.
If you have any difficulties, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.