Do you have the skills and experience for our new role?
Newcross Healthcare are actively seeking competent Care Assistants to join our team in delivering expert care and support to our service users within King's Lynn, Wisbech, Heacham, Hunstanton, Downham Market and the surrounding local town.
What you'll do
In this role, you will be caring for our residents, assisting with clinical and personal requirements and helping with their development.
The ideal candidate will be a compassionate and patient professional with a strong desire to achieve the best possible outcomes on every shift.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or you are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage and submit your timesheets on our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Salary of up to £12.47 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible working hours to suit your needs
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access around 30,000 discounts at high street shops
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
Skills & Development
Working with Newcross, you will be able to study a wide range of free training courses which will allow you to learn new skills and evolve in your healthcare role.
You could choose between: Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, plus many more.
Our Peterborough branch are based in Broadway Court, near to Peterborough museum and train station.
Newcross Healthcare have a new HealthForceGo® app feature, Flexi Pay, that allows over 7500 healthcare staff to receive an advance of up to 50% of money earned during completed shifts, if they so wish. (includes weekends and bank holidays)
To apply for this opportunity:
Click apply, submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call.
We now give you the option to do your interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.