Are you ready for a new care experience?
Newcross Healthcare is currently recruiting for experienced Care Assistants to join us in delivering outstanding care and support to our service users within Littlehampton, Arundel, Angmering and the local surroundings.
What to expect in your role
As a Care Assistant, you will ensure that the needs and requirements of our service users are met at all times. Your assistance will be required with personal care activities, social activities, clinical requirements and any additional activities that will encourage our service users to live as independently as they wish. You will be able to recognise the capabilities of each person whilst assisting them with their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
Your Local Team
Our Chichester branch is based at 62-63 South Street, just a short distance from Chichester Cathedral and the centre.
Flexi Pay gives you the option to request an advance against your completed shifts and be paid as quickly as one hour after you've finished a day's work! (includes weekends and bank holidays)
What makes us different?
- Salary of up to £14.12/hr including holiday pay
- Flexi Pay - Same day for up to 50% of the earnings of the shift you worked
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
We also offer all of our staff a permanent contract with guaranteed hours, plus you still get all the added benefits of flexible shift work to fit around you and your commitments.
We now offer video interviewing to make your life easier! Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can speak with us from the comfort of your own home.
Develop and Learn
Take advantage of a comprehensive range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work. These programs will enable you to develop your skill set and will include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration and many more.
What you'll need to succeed in the role
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to book on to a Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone or device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
If this role sounds like you...
Click apply and once you have submitted your application a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call.
Begin your journey with us today!
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way