Personal Care Assistant - Female
Are you looking for a way to change someone's life?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Personal Care Assistants to care for a female resident living with additional care needs in an LD establishment across Swadlincote, Coalville, Burton, Long Eaton, Castle Donnington and the surrounding areas of South Derbyshire.
Our caring position
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will ensure that our service users receive care and support at all times in line with their personal care plans. You will assist with personal care tasks, daily living activities, washing, clinical requirements, social integration activities and any additional services required.
12 hour day shifts (7am to 7pm) and 12 hour night shifts (7pm to 7am) are available as part of this role.
This exclusive and innovative app feature allows healthcare staff to access up to 50% of the value of your shift within the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Train with us!
Develop your skill set with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work and covering a range of different specialties.
These will include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, Medication Administration, Safeguarding Adults and many more.
What makes us different?
- FLexible hours available including weekday, night and weekend shifts
- Perks at Work with 30,000 discounts available across a variety of high street retailers
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Benefits will include
- Salary of up to £12.47/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
- Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support of a local line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
The local Nottingham team
Our Nottingham branch is located in the city of Nottingham, home to the legend of Robin Hood. We are based at 2 King Street which is just a short walk from Nottingham train station.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.