We want you to join us!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care for our service users in a variety of nursing, residential and specialist care homes within Perth and the surrounding areas.
About the role
As a Care Assistant, you will provide life-enhancing care and support to our service users with various important tasks. These vary depending on the needs of our service users but will include washing, dressing, toileting and engage with them, their families, visitors and other residents.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
With us, you can withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shift by simply submitting your timesheets before 5pm through our HealthForceGo® app! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Work with us!
- Flexible hours available with weekend, weekday and night shifts available
- 30,000 discounts through our 'Perks at Work' scheme
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
- Salary of up to £12.55/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Successful candidates will have the chance to develop and broaden their existing skill sets with a comprehensive range of free training programs. These can be earned through credits as you work and include topics such as Basic Life Support, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, BSL or Makaton, End of Life Care, Safeguarding Adults and many more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Located on the banks of the River Tay, Newcross Healthcare's Perth branch is just a short walk from the city's train station.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Submit your application now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.