Are you looking to enhance your care career?
Newcross Healthcare are currently looking for outstanding Care Assistants to provide excellent care and support to our residents in Peterborough, Stamford, Bourne, Oundle, Corby, Spalding and the surroundings.
Newcross Care Assistant role
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for the well-being of our residents, ensuring their physical, emotional and social needs are met and promoting a happy and dignified living.
You will be assisting our users with personal care, helping them with clinical needs and supporting them with social activities or any other additional services.
Meet the team
Our local branch are based in Broadway Court, just a short distance from Peterborough Cathedral and Peterborough train station.
Join Newcross and get the chance to broaden your skill set with a variety of free training courses available, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work.
You could study many courses such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, and a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
Benefit with us
- Salary of up to £12.47/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- Recommend a Friend scheme - earning up to £500 per successful referral
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to suit your commitments
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Take advantage of our flexible pay feature Flexi Pay; submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
What do you need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to book on to a Newcross Healthcare course)
- You will need access to a smartphone or device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Begin your application
Submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Are you interested?
Then apply today!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.