Are you looking for the next step in your career?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care and support our service users in Rotherham and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for providing care and support to our service users with a variety of important daily living activities. You will support service users with personal care, clinical needs, social integration activities and any additional services needed.
Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
With Newcross, you have the chance to access up to 50% of the value of your shift within the same day. Just submit your timesheets before 5pm! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Your local Sheffield team
Situated in the UK's 11th largest city, our Sheffield branch is in a prime location to provide the South Yorkshire and Pennines regions with healthcare professionals.
Your new team will be located in St James House, Vicar Lane, close to the city centre.
- Salary of up to £12.03/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and
- Flexible hours across weekday, night and weekend shifts
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed.
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts available across various high street retailers
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Training and Development
Newcross Healthcare gives you the opportunity to develop your skill set with a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. We cover a variety of topics such as Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care and many more.