We want carers like you to join us!
As a Care Assistant in Galashiels, Hawick, Peebles, Selkirk, Kelso, Jedburgh, Melrose and the surrounding areas of the Scottish Borders, you'll be an expert caregiver, keen to spread joy to the people in your care. You'll be assisting with personal care tasks, making up beds, clinical needs, meal preparation, clinical needs, social activities and any other services needed. We have a range of shift patterns available to suit you and your lifestyle. All you need to do is set your availability on our handy app, HealthForceGo, and we'll match you with the most suitable shifts.
Perks of working with Newcross
- An hourly rate of up to £12.66, including holiday pay
- Get paid as soon as you finish a shift with instant Flexi Pay
- Select shifts to suit your lifestyle through our app, with part-time, full-time, night and day shifts available
- Free, ongoing clinical training, including COVID-19 specific modules
- Access to NHS registered GPs with virtual appointments and mental health support for when times get tough
We offer Flexi Pay, an exclusive HealthForceGo® app feature that gives you instant access to up to 50% of the value of your existing shifts even on weekends and bank holidays!
You'll need to be an empathetic caregiver, with a minimum of 3 months of experience under your belt and the right to live and work in the UK. If you don't yet have an up-to-date Moving and Handling certificate, you can complete our training. You'll have a desire to become a true companion to the people in your care.
You will need access to a smart device with an internet connection to pick up shifts and submit timesheets through our app, HealthForceGo®. Access to your own vehicle would be beneficial, but is not mandatory.