Do you want to make a difference?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to join us in delivering outstanding care and support to service users living in Galashiels, Hawick, Peebles, Selkirk, Kelso, Jedburgh, Melrose and the surrounding areas of the Scottish Borders.
What will I do?
As a Care Assistant, you have the opportunity to make a positive impact to someone's life!
You will be required to provide assistance and support to our service users with a varied range of important life-enhancing tasks including personal care tasks, clinical requirements, social integration activities and any additional services needed to ensure that our service users live as independently as possible.
Our amazing new app feature gives our healthcare staff access to up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the very same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
With Newcross, you will have the opportunity to work the hours that suit you with a range of weekday, weekend and night shifts available!
We also provide access to free specialised training programs to develop you skill set and all through credits earned through credits as you work.
What will I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to book on to a Newcross course)
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- Access to a smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas, timesheets and payslips on our mobile app, HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £12.37/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Employee 'Perks at Work' scheme with 30,000 discounts available
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Interview video calling so you don't have to travel for miles!
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and field team leader
We value your development!
Working with Newcross will give you invaluable access to a catalogue of over 200 training courses designed to develop and enhance your career.
Topics covered include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, End of Life Care, Epilepsy and many more.
Come and visit us!
Our friendly Edinburgh branch is based at 5 The Quadrant in New Mart Place, close to the Slateford train station.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way