Do you have a passion for care?
Newcross Healthcare is a well-established nationwide healthcare provider and we are looking for dedicated carers to help us deliver exceptional support and care to service users in Worthing, Lancing, Shoreham-by-Sea, Goring-by-Sea and the surrounding local areas.
Our Chichester branch is located at 62-63 South Street, just a short distance from both Chichester Cathedral and Chichester train station.
As a Care Assistant, you will ensure that the needs and requirements of our service users are met at all times. Your assistance will be required with personal care activities, social activities, clinical requirements and any additional activities that will encourage our service users to live as independently as they wish. Compassion and empathy are some of the traits that are required to succeed in this demanding, but extremely rewarding profession.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Why choose us?
- Salary of up to £14.12/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexi Pay allows you to access up to 50% of your pay the same day as you complete a shift, even on bank holidays and weekends
- Flexible working hours - choose your hours to fit in with your commitments
- 24 hour support through our central team and clinical governance
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Video conferencing technology to enable you to attend a virtual interview
Would you like to be in control of when you get paid? With the new Flexi Pay feature of our app you're able to digitally sign your timesheets and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day (includes weekends and bank holidays).
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a Smartphone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas via our homecare app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not essential
Free training courses
Gain valuable insight and skills through our comprehensive range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. These cover a range of topics including Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
If this role sounds like you then submit your application today and member of our friendly recruitment team will be in contact with you.
Start your application today!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.