Female Support Worker
Do you want to be making a difference?
Newcross Healthcare are seeking Female Support Workers to cover night shifts providing excellent care to our female service users in Leith, Roseburn, Gorgie, Orminston, Edinburgh, West Linton, Musselburgh, Kirkliston, Longniddry, Garvald and the surrounding areas.
Our Edinburgh Branch
Your local team are based in New Mart Place, within close distance of Slateford train station.
As a Female Support Worker, you will be responsible for providing care and support to our female service users living with learning disabilities within care home and residential settings covering night shifts.
You will be delivering personalised care in accordance with each service users unique care plan, with a mindful approach to protecting the dignity and promoting the independence of each service user.
It is essential that you have previous experience of providing care to service users living with autism and learning disabilities.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Working at Newcross Healthcare
We offer all of our staff a permanent contract with guaranteed hours, plus you still get all the added benefits of flexible shift work to fit around you and other commitments.
This role will provide amazing opportunities to help you expand your skill set with a range of free training programmes, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work.
Some of these include programmes such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many others.
- Salary of up to £13.45 per hour including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work with access to around 30,000 discounts at high street shops
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
You will also benefit from our new flexible pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid.
Just submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
What you will need to have:
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- You must be SSSC registered or commit to registering when joining
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas, timesheets and payslips on our mobile app, HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Apply and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.