Care Assistant - Personal Home Carer - Male
Do you have what it takes to be the next care giving hero?
Join Newcross as a Male Care Assistant in Freshwater, Totland and the surrounding and you'll take the variety and challenges that every day brings in your stride, with a positive mental attitude and brilliant sense of humour. Keen to build lasting relationships with service users and their families, you'll be on hand to help with a variety of tasks.
Working alongside a group of health and social care workers in the homes of our service users, your main duties will include assisting with medication administration, physio exercises, personal care, stoma and catheter care, accompanying to appointments, specialised food and drink preparation, gardening activities and any additional tasks required.
- A minimum of 3 months of paid experience or experience caring for a loved one
- The right to live and work in the UK
- A valid Moving and handling certificat
- You will need access to a smart device with an internet connection
- Access to your own vehicle would be helpful but not a requirement.
Experience in assisting with service users with MS, stoma and catheter care whilst also aiding with personal care, physiotherapy and food preparation are highly desirable.
Please note: To work in a care home in England from 11 November 2021, the post holder is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless clinically exempt.
- A competitive pay package of £10.91 per hour, including holiday pay
- A facility to instantly withdraw your pay
- Free uniform and DBS check
- Fixed hours on a rota basis
- Access to Newcross World, our app-based training platform
- Access to NHS registered GPs and mental health support to avoid waiting for NHS appointments
Instant access to up to 50% of your current shifts value, even on weekends and bank holidays