Care Assistant - Personalised Care
We are looking for carers like you!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Care Assistants to care for our service user living with Motor Neurone Disease in their own home across Crowborough and the surrounding areas.
The shifts for this role are for Monday, Wednesday and Thursday nights
Flexi Pay is our HealthForceGo® app that allows you to submit your timesheets before 5pm and have access to up to 50% of the value of your shifts in the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Develop your existing skill set with a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. These tailored courses cover topics such as Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, End of Life Care, PEG and many more.
As a Care Assistant, you will ensure that our service user with complex care needs receives the highest quality of care available in line with their personal care plans. You will support them with personal care tasks, feeding and PEG care, medication support, meal preparation, integration within their local communities and any additional services needed.
Our ideal applicant will be a driver with access to a vehicle and with previous experience of providing care to service users with Motor Neurone disease.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 month's previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Why choose us?
- Organised rotas to suit your requirements
- Minimum hours guarantee to suit your ongoing needs
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
Benefits will include
- Salary of up to £15.91/hr including holiday pay
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Flexi Pay app feature
- Perks at Work discount scheme
- Minimum hours guarantee within your permanent contract
- Organised rotas set up to 4 weeks in advance
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
You will be based on the southeast coast of England where our Eastbourne branch provides the East Sussex region with qualified care assistants, care workers and nurses.
Apply today and a friendly member of our recruitment team will be in touch soon
Join us now!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.