Care Assistant - Personalised Care
Are you a care assistant looking to make a difference?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Care Assistants to care for our service users living with Motor Neurone Disease in their own home across Crowborough and the surrounding areas.
This position has shifts for Monday, Wednesday and Thursday nights.
As a Care Assistant, you will provide care to service users with a variety of complex care needs and ensure that they receive high-quality care at all times. You will assist with personal care, daily living activities, medication support, social integration activities and any additional services required.
It is highly desirable that applicants are drivers with access to a vehicle and have prior experience of caring for service users with Motor Neurone Disease.
Newcross Healthcare allows you to withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shifts within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Train with our team!
We have a variety of free training programs available earned through credits as you work and with different topics available. These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, End of Life Care, Medication Administration, Epilepsy, Dementia Care and many more.
- Salary of up to £15.91/hr including holiday pay
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts in high street retailers
Work with us!
Take advantage of a minimum hours guarantee with up to 20 hours of work every week, free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work and organised rotas set in advance to suit.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 month's previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
You will be based on the southeast coast of England where our Eastbourne branch provides the East Sussex region with qualified care assistants, care workers and nurses.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Apply today and a friendly member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.