Care Assistant - Personalised Care
Personalised care makes a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Care Assistants to care for our service users living with complex care needs in Eastbourne and the surrounding areas.
Our HealthForceGo® app allows healthcare staff to withdraw up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the same day by simply submitting their timesheets before 5pm! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Why choose Newcross?
- Organised set rotas in advance to suit you
- Minimum hours guarantee of 20 hours of work per week
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
What will I do?
As a Care Assistant, you will work closely with service users living with a variety of complex care needs within their own homes. You will support them with daily living activities, personal care tasks, meal preparation, feeding and PEG, medication support and any other services required.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
- Salary of up to £15.18/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Organised rotas set up to 4 weeks in advance
- Minimum hours guarantee
- Flexi Pay - 50% of the value of your shift
- Perks at Work - 50,000 discounts available
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Have the opportunity to develop your skill set by taking advantage of a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. We cover topics such as Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, End of Life Care, Safeguarding Adults and many more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.