Care Assistant - End of life
Our friendly Exeter branch are based at 6 Sandpiper Court, close to Pinhoe train station.
Work with us and make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Care Assistants to care for our service users with complex care needs in their own homes within Exeter, Exmouth, Crediton, Cullompton, Honiton, Axminster and the surrounding areas.
This exclusive app feature gives healthcare staff the opportunity to withdraw up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
But, why join Newcross?
You can work with us and take advantage of a minimum hours guarantee of 20 hours of work per week, set rotas organised in advance and free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work.
As a Care Assistant, you will be providing life-enhancing care and support to our service users living with complex care needs. You will assist with a variety of tasks including personal care, posture care, clinical needs, medication support, feeding and peg care and any additional services needed.
This position is for applicants to care for our service users with complex care needs during the night.
- Salary of up to £12.80/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Discounts available within high street retailers nationwide
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course within the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete this course with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smart phone or device with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.