Care Assistant - Personal Home Carer
Change lives with Newcross!
As a Care Assistant in the Witterings area, you'll work as part of a close-knit health and social care team, delivering care in the home. Without support from people like you, these individuals may live a life in specialist units or hospitals rather than their own homes.
In this role, you will be working in the home, providing care and assistance to a service user with a spinal injury. You will assist him with personal care tasks, meal preparation, clinical needs and posture care.
You'll receive specialist training tailored to the package of care you're assigned to.
Benefits of the role
- A competitive remuneration of £14.56 per hour, including holiday pay
- Instant pay using our Flexi Pay facility
- Fixed hours on a rota basis
- 24 hours of work per week from Monday to Saturday
- Shifts from 08:00 to 12:00
- Free ongoing learning and development to take your career in the direction of your choosing
- Access to NHS registered GPs and mental health support to avoid waiting for NHS appointments
- Free DBS and uniform
Essential skills needed
You'll already have a minimum of 3 months of experience under your belt and hold a valid Moving and Handling certificate. We do also accept candidates with experience in caring for a loved one. You must have experience in assisting with Bowel Care and Autonomic Dysreflexia. As well as excellence in care, we also need you to demonstrate our core values of positivity, trustworthiness, respectfulness, understanding, kindness, and calmness on every shift.
You will need a smart device to arrange shifts and submit timesheets via our app, HealthForceGo. The right to work in the UK is a must, and access to your own vehicle would be beneficial.
Healthcare staff can instantly access up to 50% of the value of their existing shifts after completing them. All managed via our app, HealthForceGo. Flexi Pay even includes weekends and bank holidays.