Care Assistant - Personalised Care
Do you want to be a valuable new addition to our team?
Well Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care for two brothers living with complex care needs in their own home within the Horfield/Southmead area of Bristol on Fridays.
Successful candidates will be providing care on Fridays from 16:45 to 20:45 after school however, options will be available to work during the school holidays.
About the position
- Ensuring that service users with complex care receive care and assistance at all times in line with their personal care plans.
- Assist with personal care, medication support, feeding, PEG care, social integration activities and any additional services needed.
- Maintaining accurate records and keeping up to date with care logs.
It is essential that candidates have worked with PEG and are comfortable completing MAR charts and records.
The service users
Our service users are two brothers that have different complex care needs but both share a diagnosis of Hunter syndrome.
You will provide them with support completing a variety of activities including going to the park, bowling, baking at home and ensure that boundaries are set to effectively manage all of their different behaviours.
What's in it for you
- A salary of up to £12.04/hr (including holiday pay)
- Mileage compensation to cover travel
- Free criminal record check DBS/PVG and uniform
- 24-hour clinical support from a dedicated team
- Employee perks scheme, offering 30,000 discounts from leading brands
- Free specialised training programs
- The desire to work in a team to better the lives of service users
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Minimum of 3 months previous care experience
- Certification in practical Moving & Handling course in the last 12 months
- Access to a smart device with internet to manage rotas via the Health Force Go app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
- Flexible full & part-time hours to fit around your schedule & no zero-hour contracts. Just mark your availability in our handy app, HealthForceGo, and we'll do the rest
- Choose when you get paid - instantly withdraw up to 50% of the value of each shift
- Benefit from access to a Virtual GP service for consultations, advice and prescriptions*
- Mental health support* including phone and face-to-face consultations
- Interview from the comfort of your own home
- Be the best at your job - expand your clinical knowledge with frequent training opportunities
*Provided in collaboration with a Medicash healthcare plan. Eligible after working 180 hours or the successful completion of a 6 month probationary period.
Your new team
The friendly Bristol team can be found on Colston Street just a short walk from Temple Meads train station, and is easily accessible by public transport.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Apply today!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!