Care Assistant - Personalised Care
Are you looking for a rewarding career in care?
Well Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care for two brothers living with complex care needs in their own home within the Horfield/Southmead area of Bristol on Fridays.
Successful candidates will be providing care on Fridays from 16:45 to 20:45 after school however, options will be available to work during the school holidays.
What will you be doing?
- Ensuring that service users with complex care receive care and assistance at all times in line with their personal care plans.
- Assist with personal care, medication support, feeding, PEG care, social integration activities and any additional services needed.
- Maintaining accurate records and keeping up to date with care logs.
It is essential that candidates have worked with PEG and are comfortable completing MAR charts and records.
The service users
Our service users are two brothers that have different complex care needs but both share a diagnosis of Hunter syndrome.
You will provide them with support completing a variety of activities including going to the park, bowling, baking at home and ensure that boundaries are set to effectively manage all of their different behaviours.
Simply log on to the HealthForceGo® app feature and withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shifts within the same day! Submit your time sheets before 5pm and choose when you get get paid! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £12.04/hr including holiday pay
- Flexi Pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Access our exclusive training, broadening skillset
- Perks at Work: 30,000 discounts at 80 different UK retailers.
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Set rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- A minimum hours guarantee of 20 hours of work per week
Take advantage of
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance to suit your schedule.
- Minimum hours guarantee as part of your permanent contract
- Specialised free training programs earned through credits as you work including Makaton, End of Life Care, Basic Life Support and many more.
- Up to 30,000 discounts within high street retailers nationwide
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Your team will be located in the heart of the city in Colston Tower on Colston Street just a short walk from Temple Meads train station, and is easily accessible by public transport.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Apply today and begin your application!
If you encounter any issues when applying online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.