Care Assistant - Personalised Care
With Newcross, you can make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Care Assistants to care for our service users living with complex care needs in their own homes in Woking, Camberley, Walton-on-Thames, Chertsey, Weybridge and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will work hard to provide high-quality care to our service users with a variety of complex care needs. Tasks that you will be providing assistance with include personal care, medication support, clinical needs and any services required to allow service users to live as independently as possible.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Train with us!
With us, you have the exclusive opportunity to develop your existing skill set with a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics covered include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, End of Life Care and many more.
This Flexi Pay app feature on our HealthForceGo® app allows our healthcare staff to receive an advance of up to 50% of the value of their shifts on the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £13.62/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts in various high street retailers within the UK
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support of a local line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Newcross Healthcare provides you with a minimum hours guarantee of 20 hours of work per week, specialised training programs earned through credits as you work and organised rotas set up to 4 weeks in advance.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a similar care environment within the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a smartphone or device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas, timesheets and payslips via our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not essential
Our branch is based at 62-63 South Street, just a short distance from both Chichester Cathedral and Chichester train station.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.