Senior Care Assistant
We are looking for people like you!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Senior Care Assistants to care for our service users in various nursing, residential and specialist care homes in Perth and the surrounding areas.
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will have a deeper knowledge and understanding of the caring role that will allow you to lead a team of careers if the situation arose. You will provide assistance with washing, dressing, toileting and engage with them, their families, visitors and other residents.
Why work with us?
- Flexible hours with weekday, night and weekend shifts
- 30,000 discounts in high street retailers nationwide
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
Our HealthForceGo® app allows healthcare staff to access an advance of up to 50% of the value of their shifts through our same day pay feature! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £17.56/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Train with us!
With Newcross, successful candidates will have the opportunity to develop their existing skill set with a wide variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics vary but include Basic Life Support, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, End of Life Care and many more.
Located on the banks of the River Tay, Newcross Healthcare's Perth branch is just a short walk from the city's train station.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- A NVQ3 or equivalent in Health and Social Care
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Submit your application and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.