Senior Care Assistant
We are looking for carers like you to make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Senior Care Assistants to care and support our service users living in Norwich, Long Stratton, Thorpe St. Andrew, Poringland, Wroxham, Brundall and the surrounding areas.
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will be responsible for ensuring that our service users receive assistance and support with personal care activities, clinical needs, social integration activities and any additional services required.
You will have a deeper understanding of the caring role and be capable of leading a team of carers.
This innovative app feature allows healthcare staff to withdraw up to 50% of the value of their shift on the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
You will find your new team Norwich at 7/13 Orford Place, just a short walk from Norwich train station. The first Newcross branch in the east of England, we're now able to deliver the Newcross standard of person-centred care to clients across Norfolk.
Train and develop with us!
We have a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work and covering a variety of enlightening topics. These vary but include Medication Administration, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, PEG and many more.
Opportunities are available for staff to study towards various National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ).
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Why our team?
- Flexible hours available to suit you!
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts available throughout a variety of high street retailers
- Salary of up to £14.83/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract
- Flexible full time and part time hours
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Up to 30,000 discounts available throughout a variety of high street retailers
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.