Senior Care Assistant
Be the person who changes lives today
Join Newcross today, as a Senior Care Assistant in Sunderland the surrounding areas.
Your duties will include:
- Aiding our service users with personal care tasks
- Helping them with eating and drinking
- Assisting them with socialising and any additional services they may need
You will be a part of a team of health and social care workers, delivering outstanding care to our service users on every shift. This is a very rewarding role with a lot of perks.
Easy to use Flexi Pay!
You can be in control of when you get paid, with our HealthForceGO app you're able to digitally sign your timesheets and be instantly paid up to 50% of the value of your shift (includes weekends and bank holidays).
Take advantage of
- A competitive remuneration of £15.65 per hour, including holiday pay
- Instant pay, using our in-app Flexi Pay feature
- Flexible shifts to suit your lifestyle, with part-time, full-time, day and night shift patterns available
- An immersive learning experience through Newcross World, our app-based training platform
- Free uniform and DBS
- Access to NHS-registered GPs and mental health support to avoid waiting for NHS appointments
Essential skills needed
We look for carers with at least 3 months of professional caring within the past 3 years within the UK. However, we're not just looking for clinical experience - we also want candidates to be able to demonstrate occasions where they have exhibited our core values of positivity, trustworthiness, respectfulness, understanding, kindness, and calmness.
You must have the right to work in the UK and have experience in moving and handling and personal care.
A smartphone device with internet is required and access to a vehicle is desirable.
Please note: To work in a care home in England from 11 November 2021, the post holder is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless clinically exempt