Senior Care Assistant
Do you want to advance your career in healthcare?
Newcross Healthcare are recruiting Senior Care Assistants to join us in delivering specialised care and support to service users within Edinburgh, Midlothian, East Lothian Musselburgh, Kirkliston, Longniddry, Garvald, Liberton, Gilmerton and the surrounds.
Become a Senior Care Assistant
As a Senior Care Assistant you will work in a similar way as a Care Assistant but with additional responsibilities and the expectation of a deeper knowledge and understanding of the role to support your team. You could be involved in supporting people to engage in activities of daily living; encouraging independence and promoting health and wellbeing. You may also be involved in supervising your team and working alongside a multi-disciplinary team (MDT).
Through your promotion of independence, you will encourage and support clients in their day-to-day lives, enabling them to live more fulfilling lives. This could include a range of tasks and activities such as personal care, domestic tasks and general activities that allow that individual to live their life in the way they choose. It is essential that you are able to work in a kind, compassionate and professional manner, putting the service user at the centre of all you do.
It is essential that you have a NVQ3 or equivalent in Health and Social Care to be successful in your application.
Same Day Pay
Our Flexi Pay app feature giving you an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays). Simply digital submit your time sheets and you are able to decide when you would like to withdraw your pay!
Working for Newcross is entirely flexible! Work full or part time hours, choose your rota to fit around your life and have the security of a permanent job with guaranteed hours and a local line manager. We have a range of shifts available from long days and nights to evenings and weekends.
The Newcross Perks
- Salary of up to £17.32/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to fit in with your commitments
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Perks at Work scheme - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Free Training Courses
At Newcross we want to offer our staff every opportunity to up-skill and develop in their new role. We want to invest in our staff and commit to the continual development of our team. Earn training credits as you work and exchange them to be enrolled in a variety of different free training programs. Topics include Medication Administration, PEG, Epilepsy, Dementia Care, Safeguarding Adults and many more.
Meet The Team
Your local Newcross office will be the Edinburgh branch which is based in New Mart Place, close to Slateford train station and the Stenhouse Museum.
We now give you the option to do your interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.
What you will need to succeed
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- Medication Administration certificate
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to book on to one with Newcross Healthcare)
- Access to a smartphone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your timesheets and rotas on our mobile app, HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Submit Your Application To Join Newcross Healthcare Today!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.