Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Have the flexibility to learn while you earn with us!
This is a fantastic opportunity for caring Student Nurses to gain real experience in a Care Assistant role delivering exceptional care and support to our service users within Peterborough, Stamford, Bourne, Oundle, Corby, Spalding and the surrounds.
What you'll do
As a Care Assistant, you will be delivering outstanding care and support to our users whilst encouraging our patients to have an independent living and treating them as more than a care plan.
You will be helping our residents with personal care needs, supporting them with social activities and managing client's care logs and medical requirements.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
What you'll gain
- Salary of up to £12.47/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme - earning up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all prior employment within the past 3 years
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed within the past 12 months, or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a smartphone or device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota and submit timesheets on our app
Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential.
Take advantage of:
* Flexi Pay app feature which enables you to access an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
* 'Perks at Work' scheme which gives you discounts in major UK retailers.
* Flexible hours across various weekday, weekend and night shifts throughout the week
At Newcross Healthcare, we care about our employees and we want them to have clear career progression, which is why we provide a variety of over 200 training courses that allow them to learn new skills, evolve in their role and grow in their career with us.
Join our amazing team:
Click apply, submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call.
Our local branch are situated in Broadway Court, close to Peterborough Cathedral and also Peterborough train station.
Is this the opportunity you've been waiting for? Apply now!
Our applicants have now access to video interviewing, rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.