Care Assistant - Support Worker
You can make a difference!
As a Care Assistant or Support Worker in Bridgwater, Taunton, Wellington and the surrounds, you'll be an expert caregiver, keen to be a great companion to the people you care for. You'll be responsible for supporting with personal care tasks, clinical needs, making up beds, meal preparation, social activities and any other services needed. We're an inclusive employer and we have a range of shift patterns available to suit you and your lifestyle.
All Newcross carers need at least 3 months of professional experience in the past 3 years in the UK and the right to live and work in the UK. We also require you to have moving and handling and personal care experience.
On top of your experience in care, you will need to be able to demonstrate situations where you've demonstrated our core values of trust, empathy and expertise. We'll expect you to be a people person through and through, with excellent bedside manner.
You will need access to a smart device with an internet connection to pick up shifts and submit timesheets through our app, HealthForceGo. Access to your own vehicle would be beneficial, but is not a requirement.
Our Flexi Pay app feature enables you to choose when you get paid! All you need to do is submit your timesheets through our app and you'll be able to instantly withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shifts even on weekends and bank holidays.
What you'll benefit from
- Salary of up to £13.19, including holiday pay for HCAs
- Salary of up to £14.51, including holiday pay for SWs
- The option of instant pay - no need to wait for payday
- Flexible shift patterns to choose from, including part-time or full-time hours, night and day shifts
- Access to Newcross World, a new world of learning, to manage skills, learn new ones and unlock new opportunities in the care sector
- Unlimited access to NHS-registered GPs via the Virtual GP app, and mental health support when you need it.