Care Assistant / Support Worker
Our local Yeovil team is situated at Telstar House on Mead Avenue in Yeovil.
Join our friendly team today!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Care Assistants & Support Workers to care and support our service users living in Weymouth and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will strive to ensure that our service users receive excellent care and support at all times in line with their personal care plans. You will provide assistance with personal care, clinical needs, social integration activities and any additional services needed.
As a Support Worker, you will have a person-centred approach and will assist our service users with a variety of life-enhancing tasks and activities. You will aid them with personal care, clinical requirements, developing new skills and social integration within their local communities.
Newcross gives you the exclusive opportunity to access up to 50% of the value of your shift within the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £13.84/hr including holiday pay for HCA shifts
- Salary of up to £15.23/hr including holiday pay for SW shifts
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- 24 hour support through our central team and clinical governance
- Recommend a Friend scheme - earn up to £500 for a successful referral
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Access to our exclusive training programmes to broaden your knowledge
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Why work with our friendly team?
- Flexible full time and part time hours available
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts to choose from
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability/experience
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to book a Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone or device, with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will endeavour to assist you in your application.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.