Care Assistant - Support Worker
Looking for a new and exciting career in care?
Newcross Healthcare are currently searching for dedicated Care Assistants and Support Workers to join us in delivering expert care and support to our service users living within Ellesmere Port, Deeside, Chester and the surrounding local areas.
Meet the Team
Our friendly Chester branch are based at 17 - 19 Boughton, just off the A51 road and also less than a ten minute walk away from Chester train station.
In this role, you will encourage and support service users in their day-to-day lives, championing their needs and enabling them to live more fulfilling lives.
You will be providing care that supports life activities, enabling people to live as independently as possible, whilst providing essential support with washing, dressing, personal care and meal times.
If you take pride in giving the best possible care that enhances the well-being and quality of life of every individual you care for, we can offer you flexible shifts that fit around your family or other job commitments.
- Salary of up to £13.72/hr for senior shifts, or up to £12.47/hr for HCA shifts paid weekly including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Flexible working hours across weekdays, nights and weekends
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- 24 hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Perks at Work - access 30,000 discounts from high street stores
You will also benefit from our new Flexi Pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid.
Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Develop your skills at Newcross Healthcare
At Newcross Healthcare we value all of our healthcare employees and strive on providing clear career progression through a variety of over 200 training programmes, ensuring that our team always have the opportunity to evolve in their role and learn new skills.
Some of these include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, plus many others.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care or support role or environment within the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical abilities and prior experience
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a Smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets and manage your rota via our app HealthForceGo
Apply now and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role
Our applicants now have access to video interviewing, so rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
If you are unable to apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way