Care Assistant - Personalised Care
We want you to join us!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants and Support Workers to care for our service users with learning disabilities, challenging behaviour and complex care needs living within their own homes in North Walsham, Cromer, Stalham, Aylsham, Sheringham and the surrounding areas of Norfolk.
- Organised rotas set up to 4 weeks in advance
- Minimum hours guarantee within our permanent contracts
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
As a Care Assistant or Support Worker, you will provide life-enhancing care and support to service users with learning disabilities, challenging behaviour and complex care needs. You will assist with personal care, meal preparation, feeding and peg care, posture care, social integration activities and any additional services required.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Flexi Pay app feature!
Newcross Healthcare gives healthcare staff access to up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the very same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £14.80/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
Skills & Training
With Newcross, healthcare staff have the option to develop their skill set with various free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics vary but include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, BSL or Makaton and many more.
Our fantastic Norwich branch is based at 7/13 Orford Place, just a short walk from Norwich train station. The first Newcross branch in the east of England, we're now able to deliver the Newcross standard of person-centred care to clients across Norfolk.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.