Care Assistant - Personalised Care
Your Norwich branch will be located at 7/13 Orford Place, just a short walk from Norwich train station.
Do you want to make a difference?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Care Assistants and Support Workers to care for our service users with learning disabilities, challenging behaviour and additional complex care needs living within their own homes in Dereham, Fakenham, Swaffham, Swanton Morley and the surrounding areas of Norfolk.
As a Care Assistant or Support Worker, you will work closely with service users with learning disabilities, challenging behaviour and complex care needs. You will provide assistance with personal care, medication support, PEG and feeding care, meal preparation, social activities and any additional services needed.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
Newcross Healthcare gives you the chance to withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shift within the same day through our innovative HealthForceGo® app! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Successful candidates will have the chance to develop and broaden their skill set with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics will include Basic Life Support, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, End of Life, Medication Administration, BSL or Makaton and many more.
Why work with Newcross?
- Organised rotas set up to 4 weeks in advance to suit your needs
- A minimum of 20 hours of work guaranteed per week
- Specialised training programs free through credits earned as you work
- Salary of up to £14.80/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract
- Free client specific training
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in contact!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.