Care Assistant / Support Worker
As a caregiver, you have the power to change someone's life
Newcross Healthcare are looking to recruit experienced Care Assistants and Support Workers that are already registered with Social Care Wales to work in a residential home setting with children and young adults within Newport and the surroundings.
Meet the Team
Our local branch are based at 8 Park Place in Cardiff, close to Cardiff University and also within walking distance to Cardiff Queen Street train station.
Support Worker Position
As a Support Worker, you will be assisting our service users with the development of new skills, supporting their progression with daily living activities and tasks, and encouraging integration and participation within their local communities.
In this position, you can earn up to £15.21 per hour including holiday pay.
Care Assistant Position
As a Care Assistant, you will be sensitive, caring and professional to maintain our high quality of care and person-centred approach.
You will be working in close contact with our service users and their immediate family, so will be required to work in a sensitive and compassionate manner, and can earn up to £13.83 per hour including holiday pay.
You must already be registered with Social Care Wales to practice in a residential home for children and young people in Wales (mandatory registration introduced 1 March 2008).
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible working hours across weekdays, nights and weekends
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from UK retailers
- 24 hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Access to our exclusive training programmes to broaden your healthcare knowledge
- Video conferencing technology to enable you to attend a virtual interview
Join us, and manage your own work schedule via our HealthForceGo app and have the option to make the most of Flexi Pay, our same day pay feature that allows you to be paid for completed shifts within a matter of hours!
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous care experience in a similar care or support role
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- Have access to a smart phone, with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Join Newcross today!
If you are unable to apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way