Care Assistant / Support Worker
Do you want to make a real difference to someone's life?
Newcross Healthcare are looking expand our team of experienced Care Assistants and Support Workers that are already registered with Social Care Wales to work in a residential home setting with children and young adults within Newport and the surrounding areas.
Meet your local team in the Cardiff branch who are based at 8 Bath Place in Cardiff, close to Cardiff University and also within walking distance to Cardiff Queen Street train station.
Benefits Of Working With Newcross
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Same day pay with our Flexi Pay app feature
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible working hours across weekdays, nights and weekends
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from UK retailers
- 24 hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Access to our exclusive training programmes to broaden your healthcare knowledge
- Video conferencing technology to enable you to attend a virtual interview
Would you like to be in control of when you get paid? With the new Flexi Pay feature of our app HealthForce Go you're able to digitally sign your timesheets and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day (includes weekends and bank holidays).
Our Care Assistant Role
As a Newcross Carer, you will be providing expert care and support to our service users, promoting their well-being and empowering them to have the best quality of life in line with their care plan. You will assist service users in tasks such as personal care, clinical requirements, meals, and community based activities.
This position can earn up to £13.83 per hour including holiday pay.
Our Support Worker Role
As a Support Worker, you will deliver exceptional support and care to our service users by promoting a high quality of independent living. You will assist with the development of new skills, supporting their progression with daily living activities and tasks, and encouraging integration and participation within their local communities.
In this position, you can earn up to £15.21 per hour including holiday pay.
You must already be registered with Social Care Wales to practice in a residential home for children and young people in Wales (mandatory registration introduced 1 March 2008).
Requirements of the Position
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous care experience in a similar care or support role
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- Have access to a smart phone, with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Are you interested? Then apply today!
If you encounter any issues when applying online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.