Care Assistant - Young Adults
We want carers like you to become part of our team!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Care Assistants to care for young adults living with complex care needs in their own homes in Portsmouth, Fareham, Gosport, Waterlooville, Hayling Island, Havant and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will provide outstanding care and support to our service users with various important tasks. These vary but include personal care, medication support, feeding and PEG care, dementia care and any additional services needed.
With this new app feature, you have the opportunity to access up to 50% of the value of your shifts within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Develop your career with us!
Newcross gives you the exclusive chance to develop your existing skill set with a variety of training programs earned through credits as you work. Topic include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, PEG, Epilepsy, Dementia Care, BSL or Makaton and many more.
Staff will have chances to study a variety of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ).
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a similar care environment
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment within the past 3 years
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a smartphone/device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets via our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
Local Chichester team
Your local branch is based at 62-63 South Street, just a short distance from both Chichester Cathedral and Chichester train station.
- Salary of up to £15.09/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Permanent contract
- Minimum of 20 hours of work per week
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Up to 30,000 discounts available in retailers within the UK
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.