Our branch is located in London Street, near the town centre - just a short distance from Reading train station.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Abingdon, Shippon, Chilton, Reading and the surrounding areas.
What do I do?
As a Care Assistant, you will work hard to care for service users and ensure that they receive excellent care at all times. You will provide assistance with personal care tasks, daily living activities, clinical requirements, social activities and any additional services needed or required.
Simply submit your timesheets before 5pm and receive an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift within the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £12.93 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Various training programmes earned through credits as you work
- 24 hour support through our central team and clinical governance
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
Successful candidates will have the chance to broaden their skill set with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. We cover topics such as Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, PEG and many more.
What do I need?
The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Submit your application and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will endeavour to assist you. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.