Care Assistant - Children
Are you looking for a change in career?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Care Assistants to care for children with complex care needs living in their own homes within Great Yarmouth, Lowestoft, Beccles and the surrounding areas.
Our new and exclusive app feature enables healthcare staff to withdraw up to 50% of the value their shifts within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holiday)
What will I do?
A Care Assistant, provides care to children with various complex care requirements and ensure that they receive support with a variety of tasks. These vary but include personal care, medication support, social activities, epilepsy, feeding and PEG care and any additional services that will allows our services users to live as independently as possible.
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £14.80/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract
- Minimum hours guarantee to suit you
- Set rotas organised in advance
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts within retailers nationwide
With Newcross, you have the exclusive opportunity to develop your existing skill set with a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics covered vary but include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, PEG, Epilepsy, Dementia Care and many more.
What will I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Our fantastic Norwich branch is based at 7/13 Orford Place, just a short walk from Norwich train station. The first Newcross branch in the east of England, we're now able to deliver the Newcross standard of person-centred care to clients across Norfolk.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Submit your application now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.