Care Assistant - Personalised Care
We want you to join our team!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Care Assistants to provide care to adults with complex care needs living in Thetford, Wymondham, Attleborough and the surrounding areas.
With us, you have the opportunity to take advantage of a minimum hours guarantee, specialised training programs earned through credits as you work and set rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance.
As a Care Assistant, you will be working with our service users living with complex care needs and assisting them with a variety of important tasks. You will support with personal care, medication support, meal preparation, peg and feeding care, social activities and any additional services required.
Same day pay service!
With Flexi Pay, you have access to up to 50% of the value of your shifts within the same day by submitting your timesheets before 5pm! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £14.80/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- 30,000 discounts within a variety of high street retailers in the UK
Our fantastic Norwich branch is based at 7/13 Orford Place, just a short walk from Norwich train station. The first Newcross branch in the east of England, we're now able to deliver the Newcross standard of person-centred care to clients across Norfolk.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
With Newcross, you have the chance to develop your skill set and enhance your career with a variety of different topics to choose from. All courses can be earned through credits as you work and include Basic Life Support, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, PEG, End of Life Care, Medication Administration and many more.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Join our team today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.