We are looking for an individual with a true passion for person-centred care
Newcross Healthcare are seeking experienced Care Assistants to join us in delivering outstanding care and support to our service users living in Bridgend and the local surroundings.
What You Can Expect In The Role
As a Care Assistant, you will ensure that the needs and requirements of our service users are met at all times. You will be required to assist with a range of tasks including helping with personal care activities, social activities, clinical requirements and any additional activities that will encourage our service users to live as independently as they wish.
Compassion and empathy are some of the traits that are required to succeed in this demanding, but extremely rewarding profession.
Meet The Team
Our local branch are based in Park Place, close to Cardiff University and also Cardiff Queen Street train station.
Newcross Healthcare now offers Flexi Pay which is our app feature that allows staff to withdrawn 'same day pay' of up to 50% of the total amount earned for that days shift! You will never have to worry about last minute expenses again!
- Salary of up to £13.83 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Flexi Pay - same day pay feature via our HealthForceGo app
- 24 hour support through a dedicated central team
- Interview via video call - a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
- Perks at Work with access to around 30,000 discounts at high street shops
We offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop. Courses include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many others.
It is important for us to provide stability to our people; we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer.
What We Require
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous care experience in a similar role in the UK
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or you are willing to complete one with Newcross
- Access to a smart device with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our app, HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Click apply to begin your application and shortly after you will receive a call from a member of our friendly recruitment team to discuss further!
Submit your application today to begin your journey with Newcross Healthcare!
If you encounter any issues when applying online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.