Care Assistant / Support Worker
Are you looking for a vocation in a rewarding and professional setting?
Newcross Healthcare is recruiting for experienced Care Assistants and Support Workers who are already registered with Social Care Wales to work in a residential home setting with children and young adults in Cardiff and the surrounding local areas.
Care Assistant Position
As a Care Assistant, you will ensure that the needs and requirements of our service users are met at all times. Your assistance will be required with personal care activities, social activities, clinical requirements and any additional activities that will encourage our service users to live as independently as they wish.
This role provides a salary of up to £13.83 per hour including holiday pay.
Support Worker Position
Our Newcross Support Workers with encourage and assist our service users in the tasks of their day-to-day lives. You will provide care that supports life activities, enabling people to live as independently as possible, whilst providing essential support with washing, dressing, personal care and meal times.
This role provides a salary of up to £15.21 per hour including holiday pay.
Meet Your Local Team
Our friendly Cardiff branch are based in Park Place, close to Cardiff Queen Street train station
Newcross has launched a unique flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', which allows healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our innovative app HealthForceGo®
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- Flexi Pay - Same day pay of up to 50% of the value of your shift
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to suit your commitments
- 24 hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
- Free ongoing training programmes earned through credits as you work
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous care experience in a similar care or support role
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- Access to a smart phone or device to access your rotas, payslips and timesheets on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
To be successful in the recruitment process, you must already be registered with Social Care Wales to practice in a residential home for children and young people in Wales (mandatory registration introduced 1 March 2008).
Is this the opportunity you've been waiting for? Apply now!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.