We are looking for people like you that want to make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Reading, Wokingham, Henley-on-Thames and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will provide care and support to our service users at all times in line with their personal care plans. You will assist with personal care tasks, clinical needs or requirements, social integration activities and any additional services needed or required.
This app feature offers you access to an exclusive 'same day pay' service through our HealthForceGo® app. Simply submit your timesheets before 5pm and receive up to 50% of the value of your shift within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Why choose us?
- Flexible hours across various weekday, night and weekend shifts
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
- Perks at Work with 30,000 discounts available across a variety of high street retailers
- Salary of up to £12.93 per hour including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Video calling enabling you to attend your interview without leaving your house
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Our Reading branch is located in London Street, close to the town centre. We are also just a short distance from Reading train station and the Royal Berkshire Hospital.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will endeavour to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way