Do you want to make a change to someone's life?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Slough, Maidenhead, Henley-on-Thames and the local surroundings.
What will I do?
As a Care Assistant, you will make sure that our service users receive outstanding care and support with a variety of life-enhancing tasks. You will assist with personal care, daily living activities, clinical needs, social integration activities and any additional services required.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
With Newcross, healthcare staff have the chance to receive up to 50% of the value of your shift within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Why choose us?
- Flexible hours with the opportunity to cover a variety of weekday, night and weekend shifts
- Perks at Work scheme giving you access to 30,000 disocunts
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £12.93 per hour including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
What will I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months experience in a previous care position
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Our branch is located in London Street, close to the town centre and just a short distance from Reading train station
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.